A. CODE OF CONDUCT – GENERAL STATEMENT
The Facility has built a reputation for the reception and care of ill and aging persons without regard to race, creed, age, national origin, marital status, disability, or sexual preference, or any other protected category. We are committed to providing the care and services necessary to attain or maintain the Residents’ “highest practical, physical, mental and psychosocial well-being, with integrity as the fundamental guiding principle for our employees, agents, and vendors while respecting the dignity, worth, and uniqueness of each individual who comes to the Facility.
B. CODE OF ETHICS
The Facility’s reputation has been built by men and women who work here and have worked here in the past. A good reputation is a fragile thing which must be earned on a continuous basis.
Although we recognize that the staff includes persons of many different cultures and values, there are certain standards by which we should all abide.
This Code of Ethics exemplifies the behavior that is expected of all employees in the performance of their duties:
1. I will be dedicated to the welfare and interest of the Residents and conduct myself in such a manner as to bring credit to the Facility, to my profession and to me.
2. I will complete my assigned duties effectively and efficiently and contribute wholehearted support toward improving the quality of care offered to the Residents.
3. I will keep all information relating to the Residents, my fellow employees and my work confidential.
4. I will remove myself from situations which my influence, may appear to influence unduly my relationship with residents, their families, vendors, or any other person.
5. I will treat all people with whom I have contact at the Facility with respect and preserve their dignity as human beings.
6. I acknowledge that no person shall, because of race, creed, age, color, sex, national origin, sexual preference, marital status, disability, or any other protected category is subject to any discrimination in his/her civil rights or to any harassment in the exercise thereof.
7. I will in all ways conduct myself, in all respects, in accordance with the highest standards of ethical behavior.