September 21, 2020
Dear Extended Cobble Hill Family,
I’m thrilled to let you know that effective tomorrow, 9/22/20, we will reopen to family visitation in strict accordance with NYS Department of Health visitation guidelines. Please review the guidelines below. Visitation remains by appointment only.
To schedule a visit, please reach out to:
Christina Santos (Director of Therapeutic Recreation) – (718) 855-6789 ext. 138
Elain Gay (Assistant Director of Therapeutic Recreation) – (718) 855-6789 ext. 139
While we still understand that visiting under these guidelines still leaves a lot to be desired, we are encouraged that this is a move in the right direction and we look forward to opening up even more in the future.
Cobble Hill Health Center Visitation Rules and Regulations
- Visitation will only be allowed in the backyard and all visits are by appointment-only
- Visitors must show evidence of a negative COVID-19 diagnostic test within 7 days of their visit
- All visitors must wear a facial covering that covers both their nose and mouth and maintain social distancing (minimum 6 feet apart from others) AT ALL TIMES
- Visitors must first complete a screening form and allow their temperatures to be taken via forehead thermometers
- Visitors who have signs or symptoms of illness or have a temperature >100F will not be permitted to visit
- Visitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult and must be able to comply with all guidelines (wearing a mask, social distancing etc)
- Visitors must perform hand hygiene before their visit
- Residents can have a maximum of 2 visitors at any one time
- Visitation will be limited to one hour, weather permitting. Visitation duration may be shortened if it is deemed unsafe to be outdoors for an extended period of time.
- Residents who are under suspicion for COVID-19 infection or have a temperature of >100F will not be permitted to have visitors
- No restrooms will be available for visitors
- Eating and drinking is not permitted during the visitation
- In order to accommodate all of our residents and loved ones we must limit visits to one per week per resident
- Any visitors that do not comply with these rules or regulations will be asked to leave