We received the COVID-19 vaccine at Cobble Hill!
December 28 was a banner day at Cobble Hill Health Center! Most of our residents and staff were vaccinated in a flawlessly executed effort. The vaccine will save lives and is the first step in our return to life as we remember it.
We will be administering the second dose on January 18th!
We urge all residents who have not yet received the vaccine to fill out the consent forms to make sure they will receive their first dose on January 18th. Please make sure to have the consent forms filled out and returned to us as soon as possible. This is a great opportunity to keep you safe and healthy.
For those who have medical proxies, they will be contacted and asked to fill out the same consent form. You may have already received a call and/or information in the mail.
Here is what we can tell you about the vaccine –
- We have the Pfizer vaccine which needs to be administered in two doses, 21 days apart
- The vaccine is injected into the muscle
- It is a mRNA vaccine and does NOT contain live virus
- While the technology for mRNA is new, it is not unknown – over 10 years of data
- It does NOT impact DNA and will NOT trigger a positive COVID test result